Thursday, March 21, 2019

Women's History Month: Beverly M. Collins "Kiln"




My love for you is all-about-me.
It is an unraveling. A percolation
From the well of my own heart
and a pocket of giving,
that swells there. A release offered,
a surrender at rest on a jeweled
pillow in a ceremony of my creation.
The stars in my eyes that I
shine at you, were not your request…
Love is a warmth within me
that I need to cup-and-throw.
A rich wine from my ditches of
mystery glow.
Love that detected a path into the world.
Like a green vine that reached into the dem
depts of an unknown forest, armed with blind


trust, that took hold.

© 2019 Beverly M Collins


Bio: Beverly M. Collins is the Author of the books, Quiet Observations: Diary thought, Whimsy and Rhyme and Mud in Magic. Her poems have also appeared in California Quarterly, Poetry Speaks! A year of Great Poems and Poets, The Hidden and the Divine Female Voices in Ireland, The Journal of Modern Poetry, Spectrum, poeticdiversity, The Altadena Poetry Review and many others.
In 2012, Collins won a prize from the California State Poetry Society for her poem entitled Uncle John Ames. In 2015, she was nominated for both the Pushcart Prize and Best Independent American Poetry for her piece that appears in the Anthology entitled, Rubicon: Words and Art Inspired by Oscar Wilde's De Profundis and was very recently “short listed” for the 2018 Pangolin Review Poetry prize for her poem, “Shredded” and gained her 2nd Pushcart Prize nomination for her poem, “Ice.”

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem Bev! It really warmed my heart reading it. What a wonderful moment of success for you and I am so glad you shared it. Congratulations and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you have a moment, take a look at the other wonderful poems in this month's Women's History Celebration. Bev M.

      Delete