Saturday, April 30, 2022

Saturday, April 30, 2022: Julia R. Lecrivain's poem "Where I'm From"

I am from the loss of words.

From the work hard and think harder

I am from the paper shredder

I am from the rose bushes

the perfectly pressed pavement

the one that sat for three days

I am from the chlorine and sweat

From sunup to sunset

I am from the strong

And the weak

From hop up! To dive in!

I am from those who aren’t always around

But still care more than anything

I am from the smell of wood work on the weekends

The taste of spicy food and sweet sugar

From the strings of my guitar

The ground under my wheels, the sun setting off to the west

Locked away in a room

hanging plants

the sound of music

The lights fading through the window

I am from these moments,

And the past ones as well

I am from a family that is unforgettable


© 2022 Julia R. Lecrivain

(previously published in Mosaic, Issue 1, 2022)


                                                               © 2022 marie c lecrivain

Bio: Julia R. Lecrivain is a high school student, competitive swimmer, and emerging poet. She lives with her family in Santa Clarita, CA.

1 comment: