Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday, September 13, 2022: Giorgia Pavlidou's poem "pleasure"

 “I lost you out of ignorant attachment to my body. Then I wasted my time searching high and low. Finally, I found you within, O Shiva, and we united in bliss.” -Lalla, 14th Century, Kashmir


ancient atomic wombs

birth burning human rats 


giant cockroach-midwives 

deliver collapsing fetal cellars


underground placentas crackle & crumble 

smell the blood veins of asphalt pumping out the tar of the future


(my neurotransmitters have fruitlessly 

courted the letter θ)


welcome 

to the hades of my fulfilled desires


here there’s no right of way              here there’s only instant pleasure

(a pyramid of genitals smiles at you)


lalla, you have counted my breaths   

it’s the blue-throated one 

who stares at me    (deadpanned) 


i

am headbanging in the hell of (my) embodiment  


© 2022 Giorgia Pavlidou









Giorgia Pavlidou is a writer and painter intermittently living in Greece and the US. Her work recently appeared or is forthcoming in Caesura, Maintenant Dada Journal, Puerto del Sol, Clockwise Cat, Ocotillo Review, Strukterriss Magazine, and Entropy.  Additionally, Trainwreck Press (trainwreckpress.com) launched her chapbook inside the black hornet’s mind-tunnel in 2021, and Anvil Tongue Books just released her full length book of poems and paintings,  Haunted by the Living - Fed by the Dead.


1 comment: