Friday, June 3, 2022

Friday, June 3, 2022: Maryann Russo's poem "Polaris"

                                                                           © Space.com


An empty palette sits

near a canvas I pretend to paint.


How is it some

can see a blue stream

and fish that have found the sky?


I cross a bridge,

the sky beneath me.

No one follows me.

I walk uneven planks

to a country 

undiscovered.


It is said age is only a number.

But the numbers

forge a trail of stars

that light the path

to darkness,

to the end of this life.



© 2022 Maryann Russo



Bio: Maryann Russo is a Pushcart Prize nominated poet whose

work has appeared in numerous publications. She is the

the author of two books of poetry: Wild and Still, and

I Wait For the River. Maryann is a lyrical poet whose work

is inspired by, and celebrates, the intersection of the natural

and spiritual worlds. She is also a psychotherapist who lives

and practices in Southern California.






No comments:

Post a Comment