Friday, May 20, 2022

Friday, May 20, 2022: Alicia Rose's poem "The Light"

 



The Light


I see the light as it fades in the distance, and I can no longer fight this drowning feeling of hopelessness.

One step forward is a glimmer of hope, but then two steps backwards and I’m lost again.

Mountain after mountain I climb it feels like an endless cycle of pain.

Until I see it.

I see the slightest glimmer of light.

I approach this foreign feeling and shy away taking one step backward.

Doubt and anxiety creep into my brain. They hiss, “You don’t deserve thiss”

But curiosity of this warm light feeling kept appealing to me to the idea of happiness.

I took two steps forward and felt the warmth of the light

Once the light kissed my skin I craved it.

I did all I could to get to the light.

Until one day I finally got a hold of the light inside of me. 


© 2022 Alicia Rose



Bio: “I’m a young twenty-something college student, and I’ve suffered from mental illness most of my life.The light at the end of my tunnel was helping others. I’m passionate about helping people in any way possible. My hope, with my writing, is not only to heal myself, but to help others.”


No comments:

Post a Comment